All projects must contain an added value for zoonoses research. This includes concrete concepts on how the methods and infrastructures established in the project should be disseminated to other scientists (e.g. by training scientists in new techniques or methods), how samples or databases should be made available to the scientific community or how young scientists should be supported. Simply publishing project results in scientific journals does not provide sufficient added value to make a project eligible for funding through the German Research Platform for Zoonoses.
Projects should not be applied for if they fall within the remit of sovereign services of the applicant. Projects whose sole aim is the sequencing of genomes will only be funded in exceptional cases.
Cross-sectional projects serve to establish structures and sustainable networks that are accessible and usable for all scientists working with zoonoses at the latest after the end of funding.
The new method or groundbreaking finding for zoonoses research resulting from the project is the added value that results from pilot projects.
Projects should not be submitted for work which falls within the remit of the applicant's official services.
Projects whose sole aim is the sequencing of genomes will only be funded in exceptional cases.
Further exclusion criteria are:
- projects on topics which have no identifiable zoonotic link
- projects whose aim is the completion of a project already started or a doctoral thesis
- projects whose sole aim is the sequencing of genomes
- Tasks falling within the sovereign remit of the applicant or a project partner
- projects whose only added value is a publication
- the development of services that are offered commercially elsewhere
- Closing of budget gaps or increase of a basic budget
- Supplements to existing subsidies (= double subsidies)
- travel grants, printing subsidies and similar grants as sole project content
Project applications are accepted by e-mail or post at any time without any specific submission deadlines and are processed in the order of their arrival and reviewed by the Internal Advisory Board. You will be invited to the next possible meeting of the Internal Advisory Board to present your project proposal. However, due to the time available per meeting day, it cannot be guaranteed that all submitted proposals can be included in the next meeting. You will be informed in good time of the date on which you will be invited. Please do not forget to sign the application form if it is submitted exclusively electronically!
The next meeting of the Internal Advisory Board will take place on 22. September, 2022.
Project applications for this meeting must reach the office by 07. September 2022 at the latest.
We will be happy to advise you in advance of your application without obligation. Please contact the office.
The call for project applications ends when the maximum funding volume is reached.
- Submission of the project application to the National Research Platform for Zoonoses Münster. A prior consultation is recommended (email).
- Review by the Internal Advisory Board
- Submission of the formal application and final review by the project executing agency or the funding ministry
In the case of publications on a pilot or cross-sectional project, or an interdisciplinary doctoral project, reference should be made to the funding under the umbrella of the Zoonoses Platform:
This project (funding code) was funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research* / Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture* / Federal Ministry of Health* under the umbrella of the National Research Platform for Zoonoses.
This project (promotional reference) has been funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research* / Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture* / Federal Ministry of Health* within the network of the German Research Platform for Zoonoses.
* Please select / please select
You will find contact persons in the office.